{R.I.P Mister Miyagi} Pat Morita ist tot

• Heute musste ich zu meiner Bestürzung diese Nachricht bei imdb.com lesen:

Zitat von imdb.com

'Karate Kid' Star Pat Morita Dies

The Karate Kid star Pat Morita has died at his Las Vegas home. He was 73. The actor and comedian, whose portrayal of Mr. Miyagi in the 1984 movie earned him an Oscar nomination, passed away on Thursday of natural causes, according to his wife of 12 years Evelyn. She says in a statement, "(My husband) dedicated his entire life to acting and comedy." For years, the actor, real name Noriyuki Morita, played small roles in such films as Thoroughly Modern Millie and TV series such as The Odd Couple and Green Acres. His first breakthrough came with classic TV show Happy Days, and he followed with his own brief series Mr. T and Tina. The Karate Kid spawned three sequels ending with 1994's The Next Karate Kid, which paired him with a young Hilary Swank. More recently, Morita provided the voice for a character in the 1998 Disney movie Mulan. Born in northern California on June 28, 1932 to migrant fruit pickers, Morita spent most of his early years in the hospital with spinal tuberculosis. He later recovered only to be sent to a Japanese-American internment camp in Arizona during World War II. After the war, Morita's family tried to repair their finances by running a Sacramento restaurant. It was there that Morita first showed an interest in a showbusiness career, eventually committing to it full time at the age of 30. He is survived by his wife and three daughters from a previous marriage.

Pat Morita hatte seine Durchbruch 1984 als kauziger Hausmeister Mr. Miyagi in dem Klassiker "Karate Kid". Einer meiner liebsten Filme. Wer konnte jemals den "Kranichstil" vergessen, den er Ralph Macchio gelehrt hatte.

Ruhen Sie in Frieden Mr. Miyagi. Ich werde Sie nie vergessen! Und danke dafür, das sie in Karate Kid gezeigt haben, das Autopolieren auch eine Art von Kampfsport ist! :wink:

Hier noch ein Bild von ihm, für alle die ihn vom Namen her nicht kennen!

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um dieses Bild zu sehen.

Manche Menschen wissen nicht, wie wichtig es ist, dass sie einfach da sind.
    Manche Menschen wissen nicht, wie gut es tut, sie sie nur zu sehen.
    Manche Menschen wissen nicht, wie tröstlich ihr gütiges Lächeln wirkt.
    Manche Menschen wissen nicht, wie wohltuend ihre Nähe ist.
    Manche Menschen wissen nicht, wie viel ärmer wir ohne sie wären.
    Manche Menschen wissen nicht, dass sie ein Geschenk des Himmels sind.
    Sie wüssten es, würden wir es ihnen sagen..

• Karate Kid hat mich nie so richtig angesprochen, vor allem aber wegen dem Schauspieler der den Jungen gespielt hat, ich fand ihn grottenschlecht. Mr. Miyagi allerdings, und der Schauspieler der ihn spielte, fand ich als einziger sympatisch.

Von daher,

Schlafen sie gut, Mr. Miyagi. *salut*

This is true my form is something odd,
    But blaming me is blaming God;
    Could I create myself anew
    I would not fail in pleasing you.
    If I could reach from pole to pole
    Or grasp the ocean with a span,
    I would be measured by the soul;
    The mind's the standard of the man. - (Isaak Hayes)

Automatische Anzeigen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!